Making our Crushed Bamboo Furnishings
We take pride in using centuries-old techniques to produce our beautiful Crushed Bamboo furniture. Bamboo is one of natures most sustainable resources, and has been used for various purposes in Asian cultures for many years.
1. Bamboo is harvested and preserved with a soaking method.
2. Poles are dried and then opened and flattened.
3. The drawing below illustrates the flattening process.
4. After the bamboo is opened and flattened, it is then dried further.
5. Below is a closeup of a crushed bamboo surface